Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Homespun Exchange Quilt


I belong to this great group of online quilter friends from all over the world (hi LQ!) and we exchange quilt blocks every now and then. We exchanged Nine Patch blocks made of homespun fabric and I've just finished my quilt. Here 'tis.


I bordered each block in a simple gray tiny check, sashed it all in a buttery twill stripe, then bordered it all around in the gray check. I machine embroidered each quilter's name and location in the bottom left corner of the border around their block.


I meander quilted it with Warm & Natural batting. How fun on my new Janome 6600 sewing machine. I love to FMQ! This quilt is very soft and drapey and has become my new best friend in my chair in the evenings.


Cheers,

Donna

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful job Donna! And a great job getting your photos on your blog too. I like having a place I can come to see an archive of your quilts and gardening photos. And I'm looking forward to seeing how your greenhouse looks. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They let me know there really is someone reading my little bitty blog. Please leave me your thoughts, I cherish them.